ADSL update

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: ADSL update
  • From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <andyb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:53:28 +0100

Well, BT are coming round next Thursday to install my ADSL so I'll update
you all when it's in.

Thought it was worth clarifying the setup though.  I'll be getting the
single computer USB version which, according to the OpenWorld techy, is Non
NAT (the Ethernet version is NAT), but with DHCP.

The DHCP setup sounds a little strange though.  After 2 hours of
inactivity,
it will allocate you another IP address - this may or may not the lease
time.  The guy did say though, that if you were running something like
Outlook to check for mail on a frequent basis it would maintain the same IP
address pretty much indefinitely.  This isn't guaranteed and you are
subject
to the DHCP server being rebooted (his words!) which will also reallocate
an
address.

More news as it happens.

Andy

as low as 0.0% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9331/9/_/2065/_/970743221/