IR receivers

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IR receivers
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:36:22 +0100

I want to put some IR receivers around the house to be wired back to the
homevision. I have looked at Mark's site and must admit the design that
Keith came up with is pretty good. How easy would it be for me (no
electronic experience) to make something like this. Alternatively are they
going to be sold. Also there was some talk (Nigel I believe) about IR
receivers being built into PIR units, again how easy is this for a novice
build. I have seen the Xantech units that would certainly work, but I can't
justify the price for multiple receivers. I was hoping for a cost in the
region of £25 per room, is this realistic.

Thanks for any advice

Graham

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Click here for the scoop:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9531/9/_/2065/_/970670203/