RE: Re: X10 Problems

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: X10 Problems
  • From: REB.Barnett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 11:36:09 +0100

> It says that on the module!  Does that explain the strange
> just the flickering at full intensity?  What are the consequences of
> running a lower wattage bulb, is the module at risk?  Given that I'm

Both. I've found running bulbs at lower or higher wattages than specified
by
the module produces the flickering effect and wacky responses from the
module (and on occasions it's affected the operation of others plugged in).
I don't think I've broken any of mine yet, other than fuses, but don't take
that as a recommendation. It strikes me as only a bad thing to run beyond
the stated specs of either the module or the bulb holder - do you trust X10
not to run the bulb at full intensity?

Incidentally, my X10 failed to operate the lights whilst I was making a
coffee this morning. Started working again after the kettle had boiled.
Surely an 8 year old kettle isn't so advanced to come with noise
suppression
bits?

Ray Barnett.

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/9/_/2065/_/970655976/