Re: Pronto vs marantz

> I am thinking of getting either a Phillips Pronto or the Marantz
equivalent.
> What do you guys who own either think of them? Do you think it is
worth
> waiting for the colour version planned for early 2001 (Pronto anyway).
> What are the pro's and cons of either

Software version of both seem to leapfrog each other.  The Marantz didn't
support timers or the Beep command at one point but I'm sure it's caught up
by now.

The Marantz come complete with the Dock while with the Pronto it's an
option.

Some info on the Colour available here...
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/main.html?newsid=110

Also checkout the excellent www.remotecentral.com

M.

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
Call 1-800-555-TELL and hear everything. For info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9529/9/_/2065/_/970648643/