RE: KAT5 Specifications

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Specifications
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:34:40 +0100

> Personally, I'm glad he's using them, the only real
> alternative I could
> think of would be an RJ11/RJ45 socket, with adaptors made up
> from that to
> SCART, but that would be hassle, mainly because of wire types (SCART
> usually has some mini-coax cables etc in the bundle, they
> just wouldn't
> mate well to an RJ** crimp.).  The other alternative is a new
> connector (or
> an existing broadcast standard like a Tajimi 10 pin), but
> that means more
> adaptors and converters... doesn't appeal personally- go SCART!

Well, in my case I shall hopefully be getting the bare PCB, or maybe an
assembled PCB - so hopefully I will be able to use whatever connectors suit
me.

I think as I'll only be carrying composite video, BNC connectors should be
small and reliable.  The audio I'm thinking about an s-video mini DIN
(which
would take up less room on the faceplate) or maybe 2 phonos.

Those of you not scared of soldering irons (Mark :-) ) could do the same.

You can't please all of the people all of the time....  :)  But Keith is
trying with no less than 7 variants!

James H

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/9/_/2065/_/970561627/