Re: Sensing stuff

At 10:56 31/03/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I think this is the main problem I would have with such a system the
common
>electrical latch systems used for door release are useless as a defence
>against forced intrusion.

True, they're designed for Yale-lock type applications rather than high
security.  I've been looking for something suitable for a while.  I think
Abloy (http://www.abloy.com) probably
do something usable, but they never
did send out the info that they said they would... maybe I'll try again...

I'd rather buy a proper product than home-brew something with solenoids
etc, but if all else fails, I will try to motorise the bolt and lock
function of the uPVC doors... but that could be a long time away...

There are quite a lot of 'gotchas' in making a door secure, some of them
not obvious, and I'd rather not take any chances with that for now.

Nigel

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2345/5/_/2065/_/954499468/