Re: Sensing stuff

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Sensing stuff
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:30:51 +0100

> That's a very trusting approach to security... it's not entirely
unusual
> (actually, I understand it to be almost expected!) for terrorist
> bomb-makers to be university electronics graduates

Yes but you still have to get hold of the actual iButton to attempt to
clone
it (which you could do with a 5 leaver key) the write back example would
however mean that the copy was time dated and would expire after the next
occasion the lock was used. But as you say the public / private key sorts
this out for now.

Re high security locks RS 740-045 will allow it to be used with a 5 leaver
dead latch, however I don't know if this will be ok with a insurance
company. There is also magnetic latches (I think RS do them) but you need a
battery backup, they have holding forces of over 500kgf each ! (I would not
like to have my finger in when it switches on ;-o

John.

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/5/_/2065/_/954498998/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/