Re: HomeSeer

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: HomeSeer
  • From: "K. C. Li" <lbs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:36:41 -0500 (EST)

> Does anyone know what the position is with TW523 and CM12U regarding
> "extended" X10 commands?  I think I read somewhere that the
TW523 could
> receive them but not transmit.  I think the TW7223 can do both?

The TW523 can send but not receive Extended Data and Extended Code whereas
the new TW7223 (XM10E) and CM12U can do both. Beware that the standard
TW7223 makes both copies of any received X-10 commands available but the
TW523 only passes the second copy. This is a change to the original TW523
specification and is known to cause problems on some hardware/software.

BTW, the LD11 has been sold in the UK for a few months now but disguised
as LD10. It is apparently a firmware change only but the new model has not
been properly approved so it continues to be sold as LD10 until approval
is obtained. The problem now is that there is nothing in appearance to
tell the two apart.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx