New to X10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New to X10
  • From: "Michael Mc Aree" <michael@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:33:01 +0100

Hello there,

I'm new to this X10 lark (got my bits from Lets Automated during the week)
and I have a few questions I hope some of you UK regulars can answer.
1. What about local control of Lamp Modules (LM12U)? I thought that you
could do a quick off-on and they would stay off by remain available for x10
commands. Its not much fun setting a bedtime macro which switches on the
bedside lamps only to have to bring the remote control up to bed or turn
the
modules on and off at the socket.

2.Anyone using a VGA-PAL card or TV output card to show Homeseer or other
HA
software on their TV screen??

I registered Homeseer due to your recommendations. It looks the business,
although I will write my own SMS/Email/Video Capture Programs, so why
re-invent the wheel.

Michael
Belfast

http://click.egroups.com/1/2377/5/_/2065/_/954365672/