Re: Homeseer on BTinternet

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Homeseer on BTinternet
  • From: "Campbell" <c.macd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:50:05 -0800

Thanks for your help Darren,

I have managed to get it working but for some reason myip keeps picking
up the wrong IP address. The dynamic dns program shows the correct ip
address but for some reason this does not transfer properly to
macd.myip.org.

I have joined www.dyndns.org and it seems to accept the correct ip
address so I may just stick with this.

I am using dialler 2000 and this has a log on/off web page update
facility which I am trying to sort out the inputs for my BTinternet
account. If I can get this to work I will not need the dynamic dns
program, but I have still to establish the settings and get them to
work.

Once again thhanks for your help

Campbell

"darren henderson" <darre-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=2260
> If you have registered on myip.org you will have a hostname and a
password.

> Then when you install the Dynamic DNS program, open the plugin.zip
file and
> extract the myip.dns and myip.txt files to the directory you
installed the
> program too.
>
> Next run the dynamic DNS program, click on Options - Preferences,
fill in
> your email address and if you run a LAN at home (if you don't Ignnore
this
> bit) click the configure button to tell DynDNS which ip address is
your
> local LAN.
>
> Next click Options - Configure Services , Click the dropdown box and
pick
> MYIP, If MYIP does not appear then you didn't extract the files from
the
> plugin.zip file correctly.
>
> Now you put your hostname into the DNS name box and your password
into the
> (wait for it...) password box, finally click the Active checkbox and
then
> Save Changes
>
> Now on the Dynamic DNS program you can click Refresh to Manually up
IP, But
> from now on all you have to do is to put a shortcut to Dynamic DNS
into your
> startup folder, It will then refresh your hostname ip everytime your
PC
> connects to the Net again.
>

> Hope that makes sense, any questions just ask away.
>
> BTW typed this while I was very tired, so there is probably lots of
mistakes
> :o)
>
> Darren

Look