Re: Farnell - Good Service

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Farnell - Good Service
  • From: Kieran Broadfoot <kieran.broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:31:53 +0100 (BST)

For those Linux zealots out there you may want to do a search on
freshmeat.net
for iButton software.  I just found a package called mibfm found at
mibfm.sourceforge.net which may be of interest.  I havent tried it yet
because I
am still waiting for the farnell catalogue but might be of relevance.

Thanks
Kieran

>Have you got in touch with Dallas yet?  I did, and asked them about
linux
>support, and they gave me a list of pointers to info of theirs and 3rd
>party stuff for linux/ibutton.  I'll try to find it, but it's worth
>contacting them direct- they are very helpful, and will probably be
happy
>to send you a CD of application notes and a data book too... or you can
buy
>them for a tenner from Maplin probably :-)
>
>I've still not had a chance to iButton yet, so keep me posted on
progress!

>Nigel

---
Kieran J. Broadfoot.