Farnell - Good Service

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Farnell - Good Service
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:17:31 -0000

I've not posted to the list for a while, I've had a little problem with the
fan on my mail server, so from my new server and new email address, I'd
like
to tell you all of a good experience I had with Farnell, the Electronics
suppliers.

I've been trying to get hold of some 1-wire/microlan/iButton stuff for a
few
weeks, and after giving up trying to find somewhere that takes switch, I
settled on Farnell, they were the first to send me a catalogue (I'm STILL
waiting for Maplin's and RS's)

I ordered a DS9091k 1-wire development & demo kit, on Thursday, at
about
6:30pm. Delivery is free and next working day if you place the order before
8pm.

When my kit hadn't arrived by Monday, I rang the sales line to find out
when
it was due, and I was put through to the customer service dept. The
assistant took my order number and contact number and said a customer
service rep would call me back, while she couldn't give me a time, she
assured me that someone would call when they knew what was going on, here
we
go I thought.

Within an hour a rep rang me back and said that the item had been
dispatched
on the Thursday, but hadn't been scanned by the courriers (UPS) since. She
said she was going to call the courrier and find out what had happened to
it, but she did say I would have my kit by the next morning at the latest,
be it the one I ordered or a new one, and would call me back soon and let
me
know what was happening.

I was already happy with the service I was getting, but the rep called me
back and said I would get my goods within the hour, not 10 minutes later
they arrived on my doorstep.

So while I was a little dissapointed that all didn't go smoothly, I was
very
impressed by their customer service, even though I am not a large company,
and not spending 1000's of pounds, they treated me like I was.

A big pat on the back to Farnell, and they will definetly be getting my
business again.

PS, I havn't actually got the 1-wire stuff working yet :-) all the examples
are for Windows, and I want to use it with Linux. I have the examples
though, so it's only a matter of time.

http://click.egroups.com/1/2377/5/_/2065/_/953918613/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1