HA as prime for UFH CH, with Normal as standby

  • To: "'UKHA'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: HA as prime for UFH CH, with Normal as standby
  • From: "Winspear, James" <James.Winspear@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:10:56 -0000

Hi,

I'm attempting to install Under Floor Heating in my house, primarily for
aesthetic reasons.  I don't want a visually intrusive thermostat on each
room/zones wall, slap bang in the middle of the wall.

I would like to use small thermostats mounted into the wall at appropriate
positions, which could feed back to a 'normal' UFH CH controller typically,
and also ideally to an HA device.  I'm after both a 'normal' CH controller,
and an HA device because :
- When re-selling the house in x years time, something as key as the CH
controller would expected to be manual
- I want the normal system as a backup, for when there's power cuts/when
my HA device fails and when, more likely, I'm playing with the HA
controller/upgrading etc.

I'm relatively PC-aware, primarily MS, no Linux as yet, but have some Unix
background.

I'm considering HomeSeer and various other systems/controllers, but don't
really know much about HA as yet.

Some vague thoughts/ideas/requirements include :
- I wonder if there's any software/application that could detect patterns
of
use in order to alter the controls appropriately
- Weather compensation features (external thermostat)
- Energy efficiency use
- Remote sensing of Oil tank levels possibly built in, possibly triggering
an alert/email

Is my concept of prime/standby alien to HA systems ?
Are there any HA systems that cover any of this ?

The 'normal' UFH CH controllers I've seen and are considering are the
Delta and the DCD.

Thanks in advance

James

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.