Re: remote flush cistern

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: remote flush cistern
  • From: sdickson@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:54:04 -0800

Nigel,

http://www.armitage-shanks.co.uk/
 these folks do a range of gear for
hotels / public facilities designed to be vandal proof - pir activated
- pricey though....

Steve

"neil j. mcrae" <nei-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=2183
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:07:31 +0000
>  Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Nigel, you have too much time on your hands man! :-)
>
> > I presume you've looked into the appropriate choice of pan etc-
AIUI (and I
> > don't understand much about it!), certain pans are designed for
> > high-mounted cisterns, and others need the tank to be closer to
avoid
> > splashing or similar problems... as most cisterns are
close-coupled, or
> > just above the pan, you might not have many to choose from...

switch or
remote to
the
flush.

> > I'm not aware of a way to automate the actual flush, using a
standard
> > cistern, but the filling is easily automated- most commercial
premises have
> > a little PIR-based system that starts filling the cistern when
someone
> > comes near the urinals, and continues until it self-flushes.
Have
a look
> > for a phone number on a little control box on the wall next time
you are in
> > a public loo :-)  The same folk might have something that will
suit
your

@Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net.
Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now: