Re: Retro-fit Din Rail Modules

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Retro-fit Din Rail Modules
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 09:54:14 +0000

At 20:35 08/03/00 -0000, you wrote:
>For my lighting in the new house can I retro fit the DIN Rail modules
in any
>way, the wiring is already in place, :o(  ,  So presumably the lights
are
>not currently wired correctly to fit these modules, i.e. each light
wired
>independantly.

If you want to fit the DIN modules (rather than the lightswitch-replacement
modules), best place would be where the wiring for each light is all
connected together.  This is usually the ceiling rose, (with connections
for Live, Switched Live, Neutral and Earth), but if you don't have ceiling
roses there will be a junction box somewhere doing the same job.

If you can get access to the floor above (or the attic space), you could
fit a DIN rail module in a box there.  Do bear in mind that you might need
to replace fuses in the DIN module, so leave some provision for relatively
easy access!

Nigel (still looking for a round box to replace a standard ceiling rose and
take DIN rail modules :-) )

Planning a party? iParty.com is your complete source for party planning and
supplies, with everything you need to throw the perfect party!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1635/3/_/2065/_/952595669/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications