Re: On the subject of wires...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: On the subject of wires...
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 14:48:15 +0000

>>I don't think the system has been in commisioon for some time...the
internal
>>battery is dead flat, and the mains lead doesn't even have a plug
on :-)

Hopefully that means there won't be any mains attached to the signal
wires... there is one other possible approach... do you have a mains
proximity detector (aka 'live wire detector')?  If you've got one, and it's
sensitive enough, you could connect up one end of the wire to some sort of
signal source (no, not the mains!), say an audio amplifier or some sort of
oscillator, and see if any of the wires light the LED on your live wire
detector.

It's a bit of a longshot, but if you have so many cables that you can't
bear to go through them all, twisting two coloured wires together at a
time, it's worth a shot...

eLerts!
It’s easy. It’s fun. Best of all, it’s free.
http://click.egroups.com/1/2073/3/_/2065/_/952094927/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1