Re: Simple RF/IR distribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Simple RF/IR distribution
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:20:21 +0000

At 14:54 29/02/00 -0000, you wrote:
>I've already put surround speaker cabling into the sitting room walls,
and
>redecorated(!)

Not in conduit, by any chance?  Oh well :-(

>I'm assuming here that you can use a passive splitter rather than a
signal
>booster/amplifier... or am I wrong?  Any suggestions?

Should work, but you might have problems.

>Any ideas for a project that I can build to send IR down coax...?  I'm
quite
>happy with soldering etc.

Have a look at http://www.epanorama.net.  IR is
_basically_ very simple.
Maplin sell little IR receivers, which produce a demodulated data stream.
Use that at the other end to drive a 555-based multivibrator, everything at
38kHz.  It would be easiest to run a second cable with the co-ax - like
some exterior-rated 'phone cable.  Such a repeater, to run on cat-5, is
high on my to-do list, now that most rooms are getting wired for sound...

Nigel

Start your own free email group on eGroups.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1882/3/_/2065/_/951837638/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1