Lighting problem.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Lighting problem.
  • From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:20:30 +0000

I've recently had our lounge decorated, new carpets etc. So
drilling / building work is out of the question :-) bearing this in mind
I'll describe my problem:

We have 3 lights on a dimmer switch [note +not+ an X10 switch].

Two of the lights are halogen spots that are at one end of the room
in a bay window, the other is the "main" light for the room.

What I would like to do is the following, add X10 functionality to
these lights so that I can dim/power off the main light seperate
from the halogens, to do this I'm looking for an X10 device that
sits between the cable:

Mainlight *-------[X10]-----------[Light-Switch]--------[Fuse-Box]

*-------[X10]-+
Halogens
*

[note that I'm not an expert on electrical wiring so the above is
liable to be wrong]. But the diagram gives you the end goal which is
an inband dimmer module that I can insert into the ceiling.

Does this exist? Is it feasible?

--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.
neil@xxxxxxx

Show your style!  Choose from 6 great card designs when you
apply for Capital One's 9.9% Fixed APR Visa Platinum.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1894/3/_/2065/_/951834898/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1