RE: Cable Identification

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cable Identification
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:02:14 +0100

Hi Nigel,

Same concept just a slight variation in implimentation. The fact that in my
system the coloured bands are all the same width doesnt matter
because...copied from the document I wrote for Mark's website....
Colour Sequence is reading towards the cut end of the cable
e.g. RRRY is RED RED RED YELLOW with the Yellow band nearest the end of the
cable.
If the cable is so short that both ends are visible it wouldnt be worth
marking anyway :-))

As has already been mentioned, this is only really for the installation
stage as once terminated the sockets would be labelled at the faceplate and
patch panel. There should be no further need to touch any cables, if there
is, then the concept of the patch panel has not been implemented properly.

Keith