RE: AD10's

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: AD10's
  • From: "M McAree Jr" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:33:02 +0100

Me too Stuart :-( Somehoiw I don't think the wife would let me change the
wiring in the house just so I can play with toys. All I need is to send her
away for a weekend and get a man in to do the rewiring...

Michael
BELFAST

in laymans terms?

> > How laymans do you want?  It's the sort of box that all your MCBs
and
> RCCDs
> > are in, what used to be a fusebox, but is now commonly called a
consumer
> > unit.  It's got a DIN rail (a piece of metal bent to a standard
shape so
> > you can mechanically fix things to it) along the back.
> >
> > They come in various sizes, the only standard thing is probably
the DIN
> > rail and the size of the hole in front of it, which should have
> a cover of
> > some kind (often a hinged clear plastic one) so you can see if
breakers
> > have tripped, or what house/unit code your AD10 is set to.
> >
> > If you have a look in your local DIY shed's electrical section
> (or in any
> > electrical/ electronic/ industrial/ DIY mail order catalogue,
> you can see
> > what they look like, if they don't have the size you need, go to
a local
> > electrical wholesaler and buy them, with probably a better
> range to choose
> > from, and probably cheaper :-)
> >
> > Is that what you needed to know, or is it too noddy/too
complicated?

http://click.egroups.com/1/4473/7/_/2065/_/959787191/