Re: AD10's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: AD10's
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 15:52:02 +0100

At 15:33 31/05/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm just looking at some AD10's and it states that they will fit in a
>"standard UK consumer unit". What is one of those in laymans
terms?

How laymans do you want?  It's the sort of box that all your MCBs and RCCDs
are in, what used to be a fusebox, but is now commonly called a consumer
unit.  It's got a DIN rail (a piece of metal bent to a standard shape so
you can mechanically fix things to it) along the back.

They come in various sizes, the only standard thing is probably the DIN
rail and the size of the hole in front of it, which should have a cover of
some kind (often a hinged clear plastic one) so you can see if breakers
have tripped, or what house/unit code your AD10 is set to.

If you have a look in your local DIY shed's electrical section (or in any
electrical/ electronic/ industrial/ DIY mail order catalogue, you can see
what they look like, if they don't have the size you need, go to a local
electrical wholesaler and buy them, with probably a better range to choose
from, and probably cheaper :-)

Is that what you needed to know, or is it too noddy/too complicated?

Nigel

Hot off the press- summer's here!
School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4473/7/_/2065/_/959784821/