Re: Camcorder auto off..

At 11:17 26/05/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Color cams as low as around 35 quid at MAPLIN

Where?  I've not seen any under about 50 quid, and never that cheap in
Maplin- all the ones on the website that 'look' like they might be cheap
are around the 80-100 quid mark.  Cheapest I've seen, since I've looked at
camera prices, are at http://www.henrys.co.uk .  As ever,
cheapest is not
necessarily best, though I would say that the Henry's B&W board camera
which I've got is significantly better than the B&Q CT100 camera which
I've
also got, which saturates in anything less than 'gloomy' weather
conditions.

On a plus point, for the camera side, the B&Q one let me see when some
little dears were vandalising my back gate and fence this week, and as of
this morning I have about 40 colour photos of todays vandalism in action,
to donate to the local constabulary (the latter taken manually, haven't
automated my SLR camera yet :-) ).  But the CCTV wouldn't have been any
good to help identify them, unless they'd been within about 4m, in
reasonable lighting conditions.

I just need a sign 'before vandalising, please stand here and press the
button' :-)

Technology, don't ya just love it?

Nigel

Old school buds here: