Re: Good HA ideas site - Comfort Web Interface

Andrew,

As Andy suggests using http://www.dyndns.org or http://www.myip.org is
useful for setting a link to your dynamic IP address. If you use dyndns
program from http://www.sitedevelopers.com/dydns
, set it up for the
dyndns.org  user. Each time after you have logged on run the dyndns prgram
,
it will automatically update your user id (http://macd.dyndns.org in my
case) with the dynamic IP address.

e.g. if your user is me

http://me.dyndns.org will take you to
your current ip address.

When I am online http://macd.dyndns.org:8080 will
gain access to my homeseer
server, if I have it running.

Currently I use dialler 2000 from http://www.techlogic.qc.ca/dialer2000
which will automatically dial up my ip provider, log in, start the dyndns
program and if for some reason I lose the line dialer 2000 will
automatically re-connect. It is easy to setup programmes to auto run.

Currently www.myip.org has been re-designed, so I am not sure if the dyndns
program will work with the new site.

Many thanks to all who helped when I was setting this up for myself.

Campbell