Re: CAT 5 products

Being a bit green in this field, is there different cable grades e.g. 4x2
twisted pair etc. and what is cat 6 used for.
I also noticed different end sockets e.g. rj45
,sheilded etc.

My intention is to have a double rj45 socket in each room which can be used
for audio, video, phone or pc's.

In the study I will have a bank of 16 or 24 rj45's i.e. one for each rj45
throughout the house, which by means of patch cables etc. can be
interlinked
as required, allowing audio or video to be routed as required..

Any advice on the above ideas would be appreciated.

Presently I have used screened alarm cable to do this for audio and video,
from PC to videos and stereos in other rooms. This allows DVD to be played
on the pc and watched on all the tv's which the stereo sound fed both to
the
videos, then stereo...

No doubt this will have the audio buffs up in arms, but personally I find
the sound quite good and it allows me to edit videos on the pc then
transfer
to either of the videos, and of course when my wife is out play the MP3's
on
the pc and amplified on the stereos.