Re: More on iButtons

I suggest you join the weather station mailing list on dalas semis web site

www.ibutton.com/weather/

A lot of discussion on the temperature sensors goes on there.

In answer to your questions, yes, you can have many of them on a cable..

You can poll them when you like for the temperatuer, and they have inbuilt
alarms so that any that are above there limit can be located faster then
those in the correct range.

Seems like the way to go. I eventually plan on running the 1 wire bus
around
the house and using it to control things with the 1 wire switch chips..

> 1. Can the temperature iButton give out real-time data or does it just
'record' it and then pass it back when 'connected'?

http://click.egroups.com/1/3020/7/_/2065/_/958606828/