Re: OT: Freezing CDs revisited...

On Tue, 16 May 2000 10:05:49 +0100, you wrote:

>In a discussion on audio tweaks/cons a while back, someone was jokingly
>considering selling the idea of freezing CDs to make them sound
>better.  Either we have a entrepreneurial lurker or it's just that
'great
>minds think alike ...etc', but you might want to read
>
>http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/tfs.html
>
>And if you've got any other daft ideas for snake oil tweaks for
>audiophiles, they're probably selling them too (tinfoil anyone?)

And I thought all the weirdos wearing tinfoil hats lived in america!

I'm willing to believe that freezing CD's might have some effect on
perceived quality (although since it's a digital medium I can't see any
logical reason at the moment why there should be) but when it comes to
putting frozen tapes in decks that aren't playing, writing 'x26'x in red
pen (but only a special red pen) on things, and freezing photographs of
yourself, I'm afraid it looks like either a wind up or a very unusual
and extreme delusion.

It's certainly an "interesting" site though....

DP

--
My .sig is in the post....

Up to 60% OFF food!