Re: CCTV/PC's

OK, here are my thoughts on this subject.

The best way, to me, seems to be to use a single camera, and compare the
current with the previous frame. Someone mentioned that this wouldn't work
if the intruder were stood still, but he isn't going to steal much stood
still either :-)

For outside, ad "zoning" to this setup, ie only look at certain
areas of the
picture, ie the path or the garden, and you eliminate trees moving in the
wind (unless your trees are over your path).

Colour or Black and White? Can't see as it makes much difference really.

The only thing that remains an obstacle is the sun. It might significantly
change the appearence of the picture, ie brightnes as to set off an alarm.
Now to overcome this I propose building a huge disc, which we can attatch
a robotic arm, and build it, secretly, into the top of a mountain. We could
extend this arm and block out the sun, so elliminating our problem!

Of course you could always just get it to check 4 or 5 frames in a row...

Also, you wouldn't just be using the camera for intruder detection would
you...

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet LTD             Special
www.schoolsnet.com         Projects