HomeVision - British Summer Time

  • To: <ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com>
  • Subject: HomeVision - British Summer Time
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:25:41 -0000

Just added this info to my website.  Thought the UK HomeVision users on
this
list might be interested.

M.

--------------------------------

The "Day Light Saving" option in the HomeVision software is not
compatible
with the UK. If you use this you will find your HomeVision controller
changing to British Summer time on the wrong week. At the time of writing
there are no plans for the software to support the UK time change. However
from version 2.7 on of the HomeVision software it is possible to program
these time changes as scheduled events.  Here's a quote from the HomeVision
"International Version" page http://www.csi3.com/hv_intl.htm

"HomeVision version 2.7 gives you the ability to adjust the clock
within
your schedule.   You can create scheduled events which run on the specific
days daylight savings starts and stops and change the time accordingly in
the event."

Now...all we need to know if when the changes should occur.  The following
is taken from the "Royal Observatory Greenwich" website
http://www.rog.nmm.ac.uk/leaflets/summer/summer.html

"From 1998 BST will be kept from the last Sunday in March until the
last
Sunday in October. This has been adopted as a directive from the European
Parliament and will be effective from 1998-2001 inclusive.

1999: March 28 - October 31
2000: March 26 - October 29
2001: March 25 - October 28

All changes to be at 1 am GMT."

OK...so now it's a simple matter of programming this as a sheduled event.
Here is the extract from my schedule to enable the automatic adjustment of
the controller clock for BST (both events are set for 1:00am)...

_____

SCHEDULED EVENT # 8 'BST Starts'

If
Date is: (Days= Su) (Dates= 25,26,27,28,29,30,31) (Months= Mar)
Then
Controller command: Set clock ahead 60 minutes
End If
_____

SCHEDULED EVENT # 9 'BST Ends'

If
Date is: (Days= Su) (Dates= 25,26,27,28,29,30,31) (Months= Oct)
Then
Controller command: Set clock back 60 minutes
End If

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/949163162/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications