Re: Which jukebox?

>If you get it done well then zip it up for all of us to have a play
>with. One thing I have found is that everyone wants something different
>from an interface so you will recieve lots of feedback for things that
>you think are stupid.

No,problem there - I appreciate that people like different things and
am quite happy to make modifications if people want them (providing
I get the time.)

>Sweet. Im toying with the idea of a central computer with 4 soundcards
>for different zones of audio thruout the house. Theres no real reason
>that the PC has to be in the lounge if it has a decent interface to
use.

That's quite expensive but a nice Idea.

>Multiple TV out VGA adaptors would solve the control aspect and a
>seperate IR reciever for each room.

Although in its current incarnation the system uses a VGA/SVHS
converter I'm trying to get away from having to have the system
connected to a TV - just use the LCD.

I have to say I'm more in favour of small motherboards.. I've found some
excellent ones at www.advantech.com/products/sbc.htm - single board
computers and small 5.25" in size!!! they contain audio, video (vga)
and 100 base-t, 4 serial ports too! eveything on onboard - they have a PCI
slot as well - all this means that you could create a very small /compact
unit. I tend to have old stereo equipment lying around from the unpgrades
I've done in the past so I intend torip the guts out of one of those to=
give
the whole thing a proper AV image - You may even have difficulty spotting
the player!

The LCD unit I've gone for (should be here in a few days) is from
www.Matrix-orbital.com - the do LCDs and VFDs too with integrated
serial port to make life so much easier. It basically means that I can
concentrate on the application and not worry about the soldering iron!
Good for people like me who don't have skills like Keith.

Incidentally although the current version uses Microsofts direct sound
I've checked out www.xaudio.com and they provide freebie stuff
for almost any OS.. so I think I'll convert to that.

Andy

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bothers me,
it's the parts that I do understand. - Mark Twain

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from=
=0D
anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a=
=0D
digital camera.