Re: Which jukebox?

Andy Powell wrote:

> I,m currently working on building a dedicated MP3 box so sit in the
stereo
> rack (at the moment I have a PC in the living room - high WAF !!) I've
> written the interface for it (two different types) and one is like the
thing
> you're after. It's not completed yet but you're welcome to a copy when
it
> is.

If you get it done well then zip it up for all of us to have a play
with. One thing I have found is that everyone wants something different
from an interface so you will recieve lots of feedback for things that
you think are stupid.

> The rack version will utilise an LCD  to display track info and I was
> planning on having other LCDs dotted around the house for info.
Selection is
> from via IR and is 'detected' via IRMAN built into the box. This means
that
> wilh a few repeaters you could control it from anywhere.. plus of
course
> some speakers!.

Sweet. Im toying with the idea of a central computer with 4 soundcards
for different zones of audio thruout the house. Theres no real reason
that the PC has to be in the lounge if it has a decent interface to use.

Multiple TV out VGA adaptors would solve the control aspect and a
seperate IR reciever for each room.

The only problem seems to be locating a board with room for all the
cards that I want to stick into it :(

> I'm currently in a little bit of turmoil though over 'boot' times of
the
> player.. I'm thinking of just leaving it on and when I select 'power
off' it
> sends the unit into suspend mode.
>
> Andy
>

> **************************** DISCLAIMER *****************************
>
> This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
> it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
> Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
> kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

> Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.

> -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948495529/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1