Re: Start Trek Badges, Was Which jukebox?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Start Trek Badges, Was Which jukebox?
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart.grimshaw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:19:09 -0800

Won't the introduction of Bluetooth bring these types of "wearable
devices"? From what I've read, the chip itself is tiny, and mic's
nowadays are minute too. Would the transmission from the Bluetooth chip
be able to cope with voice? What are the transfer rates like?

Perhaps it might be better to build all the voice recognition stuff
into a small device you keep about your person and use the Bluetooth
stuff to transmit just the results to your Jukebox...?

I always said I was born 200 years too soon :(

"paul gordon" <paul_gordo-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=1757

> I come home from work, wander into the living room, and I speak:
"Computer,
> play me some rock music, and make it really loud" (it might be
Friday!)

> But I suppose I never shall, least not until we have wearable
"star-Trek"
> style communicator badges (otherwise how would it hear me say
"Next
Track"

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948475198/

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!