Re: Which jukebox?

Hi,

I also have alot of PC mp3 music that I want to access like a jukebox. I
have designed and started to program my solution which uses voice
recognition in the lounge and RF based comms for the rest of the house
combined with audible announcements to guide you through the
album/artist/genre selection.

you : RF a1-on or say "Start jukebox"
computer : "Jukebox control, 1 album 2 artist 3 genre or 4
random"
you : RF a2-on or say "2" or "artist"
computer : "1 Aerosmith 2 Brian Adams 3 David Bowie 4 .... 8
more"
you : RF a3-on or say "3" or "David Bowie"
computer : "1 album 2 track 3 random"
you : RF a3-on or say "3" or "Random"

Voice recognition is then deactivated until the track ends but the
computer will still respond to the RF signals to "Stop" (a1-off)
the
music or alter the volume using the a1-on with dim & bright buttons.

The RF controls are not limited to just controlling the mp3 jukebox,
when you have completed making a selection from the jukebox menu or you
press a1-off the computer will interpret the other buttons as menu
initiators.

a2-on will allow the RF controller to control the downstairs CD player
and a3-on controls the downstairs amplifier (volume and source for
distribution) i.e.

you : RF a3-on
computer : "Amplifier control, 1 CD 2 radio 3 tape 4 video"
you : RF a1-on
computer : "CD selected as source for Amplifier"

The computer will send out IR signals to switch the amp source to the CD
player and then the computer is ready for a different menu initiator.

you : RF a2-on
computer : "CD control, 1 play 2 stop 3 select track"
you : RF a3-on
computer : "Select track 1 to 7 or 8 for more"
you : RF a8-on
computer : "Select track 8 to 14 or 8 for more"
you : RF a1-on (to select track 8)

The design is finished and I have separate small programs to recognise
speech (reconises colours at the moment), produce speech (says anything
I type) and another program that decodes (or sends) X10 commands. I just
have to find time to bolt the whole lot together. I already have another
crude script-based program that allows me to send X10 commands like
"light lounge lamp", "dim lounge lamp", "lounge
lamp off". I had to use
the word "light" because "on" and "off" at
the end of the phrase were
not reliably distinguished by the speech recognition program.

I'm writting the software in tcl/tk under Windows95 and will be porting
it to Linux.

Alex.

--

A. Goodyear	agood[AT]jet[DOT]uk	Ex. 5192

J.E.T., U.K.A.E.A., Culham Lab., K1/0/66, Abingdon, Oxon, UK.

Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
http://click.egroups.com/1/748/3/_/2065/_/948470592/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1