Re: Which jukebox?

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Which jukebox?
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:18:52 -0000

I never said it was easy but if you choose numeric names (that doesnt sound
right!) for the playlists (BTW you can create a playlist for each album as
well) and number your CD's then it becomes easier.

CD's start at 001 upto whatever 300+ in your case and probably mine as
well.
Playlists from 800 to 999. My MP3 files are names after the CD+TrackNo so
20614.mp3 is track 14 on CD 206.

253* would play album 253.m3u
801* would play playlist 801.m3u
20614# would play track 20614.mp3

OK ...you have to remember some numbers but I quote....

>When I'm in the pub, all I have to do is press: 3-7-1 for example to
play
>"Bat Out Of Hell" or whatever, and I want to replicate that
functionality -
>IE, pick up a URC (Pronto or whatever), then press 3-7-1-Play to play
the
>album.

Now either you remember 3-7-1 is "Bat Out Of Hell" (Excellent
choice if I
may say so :-))
or you looked it up on the big shiney thing that swallowed your money.

Of course the "BEST" solution is Voice Recognition

JUKEBOX "MEATLOAF"

or

JUKEBOX "I've Had a Shitty Day" whereby a playlist of feelgood
music gets
fired off :-))

Oneday.....the jukebox will be able to tell how feel based on the speed of
your car approaching and how hard you slam the door....SCAREY :-))

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation