Re: Digibox choice / UHF di stribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Digibox choice / UHF di stribution
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:06:27 GMT

>Have you seen the in-line UHF modulators that Maplin do?
>I know you have UHF feeds, but perhaps you could use composite video
>from some sources?
>They do 3 modulators, one normal and one wide band.  The latter allows
>you to select a channel from 21 to 69 (from memory).
>
>Cheers
>
>Chris Williams

Thanks, I'll give them a look - when I said I have UHF feeds, that's only
at
the point that I pass it into the UHF amplifier, because it obviously has
be. In actual fact my door camera (for example) provides a composite signal
on a moulded SCART plug, but I've taken this back to a VCR in the Node 0
location, and I'm using the VCR as a glorified modulator (I just happen to
have loads of old VCR's lying around!), Although in this instance I will
make use of the VCR as well by using Comfort's IR cloner to record 30
seconds of video every time the porch PIR is activated.

The VCR in question though, does NOT have a full range tuner, (I think it
has a range of 21 - 43 or thereabouts), so it's broadcasting on channel 32
(ish - can't remember exactly), and it's now getting to be a bit of a
juggling act to try to get all these UHF sources on the same wire without
co-channel interference...

Cheers.

Paul G.

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948449230/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1