Re: Digibox choice / UHF distribution

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Digibox choice / UHF distribution
  • From: Williams Christopher C <CCWILLIAMS@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:18:24 -0000

Have you seen the in-line UHF modulators that Maplin do?
I know you have UHF feeds, but perhaps you could use composite video
from some sources?
They do 3 modulators, one normal and one wide band.  The latter allows
you to select a channel from 21 to 69 (from memory).

Cheers

Chris Williams

immediate
> noticeable degredation in picture quality, so I want to avoid them if
> possible.
>
> Further to this (it gets a little bit more complicated!) I want the
> combiner
> to provide me with TWO outputs, as I want to put the PC with TV card
> between
> the combiner and distribution amplifier. The reason for this being
> that the
> PC TV card has a preview mode which allows simultaneous display of up
> to 16
> UHF channels, which I also want to be able to distribute:
>
> Something like the follwing: (sorry for the crude graphics)
>
> Door Cam ----> \            /----     ------------\
 /
> TV Aerial ---> --> Combiner   2 outputs
->combiner--> Amp -
> Satellite ---> /            \----     ---> PC TV--/
    \
> A.N. other -->/
>
> I don't think it would be sufficient to just take a single combined
> feed
> into the PC TV card and out again, as the PC TV only outputs on one
> UHF
> channel, so all I would get then would be the preview channel.
>
> This will (I think) give me the ability to view on every TV in the
> house:
> TV Channel 1 through 5: BBC1.... CH5 etc off air via the main aerial
> TV Channel 6: Satellite TV, now via the shiny new digibox
> TV Channel 7: the front door camera
> TV Channel 8: a preview screen with a screen split into 8 showing ALL
> of the
> above in a separate window (which uses 7, leaving one spare...)
>
> The only hard part to all this, is combining all those different UHF
> feeds
> together without totally ballsing up the picture quality...
> Oh, and being able to find full range tuners to ensure sufficient
> channel
> seperation to avoid co-channel inteference of course! (Nice to see the
>
> Digibox uses UHF channel 68...)
>
> (If I had a pound for every hotel I've stayed in that had crap TV
> distribution....)
>
> Regards.
>
> Paul G.

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Was the salesman clueless?  Productopia has the answers.
http://click.egroups.com/1/749/3/_/2065/_/948446682/

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1