Re: Digibox choice

I have just been looking at this site (www.tvlink.co.uk), very
interesting.

You mentioned the need for a direct coax connection, they do a device =
bypass other manufacturers amps.

There is another device on the market that works the same way, i.e.
sending IR info back down the coax, but it has a separate box at the
source end with IR emitters on flying leads.  This way you can control
the VCR and DVD as well as the Digibox, from any room with a TV point.
Again you need to bypass the amp or use their amp/splitter.  Can't
remember the name for life of me.  I know Maplin do it but I can't find
it on their web page.  Problem is it is expensive about =A3100 is with =
2
IR mice I think?

Cheers,

Chris Williams

=

> one.... - You can get them by mail order off the pages of the
> aforementioned=20
> mag, OR, I'm now led to understand that Sky will both supply and fit
> them,=20
> if you have it done at the same time as your digibox installation.
> (too late=20
> if you've already had your box installed! they won't send someone out
> just=20
> to install a TV Link.) - I didn't realize that last point until long
> after=20
> my installation, so I'll be fitting it myself this weekend...
>=20
> You can also order it direct from the manufacturers website:
>=20
> www.tvlink.co.uk
>=20
> Bear in mind that the IR control signals require a direct unbroken
> coax link=20
> back to UHF-Out-2 on the digibox, with no splitters or UHF amplifiers
> in the=20
> path, (especialy the amplifiers), as these alledgedly filter out the
> IR=20
> signal. If you must have a distribution amplifier in the signal path,
> then=20
> you must get one from the same manufacturer (Global Communications)
> which=20
> have been designed not to block the IR signal data. 2, 4, and 7-way
> amps are=20
> also available off the website.
>=20
> Regards.
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >From: "Alex Durkin" <alexpd@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Digibox choice
> >Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:44:03 -0000
> >

> >Hi there,
> >
> >How did you get the Sky TV Link? I have not come across this.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Alex

(but =
> don't
> > >watch a lot of sports!)
> > >
> > >I've also just purchased the Sky TV-Link to feed the master =
bedroom
> TV=20
> >via
> > >UHF (yes I know I could just plug the UHF out into my
whole-house
> UHF
> > >distribution cabling, which in fact is exactly what I will do
with
> the
> > >UHF-OUT "1" on the digibox), but this sends IR
control back to the =

> >digibox
> > >as well from the remote location, but rather than use radio
(which
> I have
> > >had several bad experiences with), it sends it back down the
coax
> cable
> > >straight into the digibox's UHF "2" socket.. so,
for a mere =A335
> pounds I
> >get
> > >a 2nd Sky digital remote, an IR "mouse" receiver,
and the =
connector
> block
> > >plug it into the coax cable. And I get guaranteed
trouble-free

<jtankard@xxxxxxx>

discrete IR
> codes for=20
> >it
> strongly
Automation" consider
> carefully the
> product.

> cost
to =
locate
> the

please let =
me
> know.

Sky Digiboxes
> are=20
> >any
> > >> >

> =
> ----
happy to
> answer=20
> >your

> > >______________________________________________________
> > >

> =
> ---
> > >For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and,
access
> them=20
> >from
> > >anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a
chance =
> win a
> > >digital camera.
> > >http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948125491/
> > >
> > >-- Easily schedule meetings and events using the group
calendar!
> > >-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=3Dukha_d&m=3D1
> > >

> =
> ---
> >For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access =
them
> from
> >anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance
> win a
> >digital camera.
> >
> >-- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
> >-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=3D1
> >
>=20
>=20
> =
> --
> For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them
> from
>=20
> anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to
> win a
>=20
> digital camera.
>=20
> eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
> http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications
>=20

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from=
=0D
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948328046/