Re: Was: Digibox choice, Now: Sky TV-Link

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Was: Digibox choice, Now: Sky TV-Link
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:40:15 GMT

As it happens. I decided I couldn't wait until the weekend, so I nipped out
to Homebase and got myself one of those unfeasably large drill bits (about
18 inches long!) and set about hooking it up.

Drilling the walls and fitting the cable was all a doddle, likewise
connecting it all up. Except when I tried it: - NADA - perfect picture on
the 2nd TV, but no remote control. - One quick call to Sky later,
(unusually
stress free and efficient), and it turns out the Grundig digibox has a
hidden "engineers" menu, which I was not previously aware of (and
which is
not mentioned in either the Grundig manual or the TV-Link intructions):

Press "Services"
Select "System Setup",
then key "0", "1", "Enter"  (this is the
hidden bit)

This then shows the installation menu, where there are things like LNB
setup, phone number entry, and so on... (this may be already visible on
other Digiboxes, as it is mentioned in the TV-Link instructions...

On this menu is an "RF outputs" sub-menu, and on there is an
option to turn
RF-Out-2 power ON or OFF (Off is obviously the default), and it needs to be
changed to ON. - this supplies the power to the TV-Link unit via the coax
cable.

Once I had configured this option, VIOLA! - perfect picture, and flawless
IR
control of the digibox from my bed, without having to lean on the floor
(don't ask!), and without sending any of my other bits of kit into
catatonic
spasms!

Finally, ultimate laziness and channel surfing combined! hurrah!

Paul G.

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948229567/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1