Sending Computer Video display around the house.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Sending Computer Video display around the house.
  • From: nicholas.dowell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:04:17 +0000

I would be grateful if someone could help me with the following
problem.....

At present I have a PC situated in my spare room, and wish to send the
video
output to the main AV system next door. The reason being so that I can use
the
internet, play some games and eventually add some of the various uses that
HomeVision can offer, but from the comfort of my sofa. I don't want to move
the
PC into the next room as it then can not be used in the spare room when
someone
wants to watch TV.

I have a TV-out facility on my PC, so is it as simple as running the audio
and
visual cables through my living room wall... and then also getting
Infra-red
mouse and keyboard that I have seen advertised (of course coupled with the
obvious IR transmitter) to control the PC functions. Ideally it would be
nice to
fit an s-vhs and audio plate to both sides of the wall, rather than just
feed
wires through.. is this possible, does such a plate exist ?????

Is there a better way to do all this?? - although I would rather not setup
a LAN
unless it is really the only alternative.

Any help is appreciated

Nick

This transmission has been issued by a member of the HSBC group
("HSBC")
for the information of the addressee only and should not be reproduced
and / or distributed to any other person. Each page attached hereto must
be read in conjunction with any disclaimer which forms part of it.
This transmission is neither an offer nor the solicitation of an offer
to sell or purchase any investment. Its contents are based on information
obtained from sources believed to be reliable but HSBC makes no
representation and accepts no responsibility or liability as to its
completeness or accuracy.

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948215303/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1