Re: Beginner at X10 - general questions

At 15:46 18/01/00 -0000, you wrote:
>light control system is optically isolated from the unit anyway, each
light
>circuit is home run to some key nodes in the house and at that point
each
>module can be swapped out (at the moment there is a mix of my own fully
>singing and dancing ones and some simple SSR's)

Have you given more details on these units in the past?  One of my 'to-do's
is hard-wired mains lighting control, preferably easily removable.  Have
you a successful design that you could share?  I would be able to throw
together the SSR type easily enough, but what do the singing and dancing
ones do?

>However I have a
>old 'Tilly Lamp' filled with oil ready for action. ;-)

I've gone upmarket and have Maglites scattered around ;-)  Tilly lamps have
too many unfortunate memories- they were the reason why a power cut wasn't
enough excuse to not do my school homework ;-(

Nigel

Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
http://click.egroups.com/1/748/3/_/2065/_/948212419/

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1