Re: User interface

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: User interface
  • From: Clive Dilley <clive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:57:40 -0000

I can help you with question 2.

There is a product from ATM called the MovieStar Security Patch which
enables up to four CCTV cameras to be triggered and recorded onto a PC hard
drive (I think it is an AVI file).

http://www.atmltd.co.uk

The initial trigger mechanism can be anything (12v - PIR, pressure pad
etc). Once triggered the ATM will write the CCTV image to hard disk and
date/time stamp the file name for easy access.

There is another ATM product called VGA-2-PAL converter which can then send
the captured image (on disk) to a normal VHS video. I plan to use this
product in conjunction with HomeVision - so that HV overlays video text
onto the Video image (etc. date/time/location etc). This is for normal
security use - to check who has been at the front door etc.

Finally (depending on the situation), I want to get HV to email the AVI
file to me. I figure that if someone breaks in, the first thing they will
take is all the HA equipment/TV/video etc. Therefore if it's emailed to me
first, at least I will have something.

I have not tried this yet, but the guys at ATM assure me their products
will do this.

Clive