From: <adrian.lucas@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: 14 January 2000 08:45
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: User interface

> Sorry I can't answer your question but I can ask another:  how do you
use
the Pronto to control
> X 10 devices?
>
> Adrian Lucas
> E-mail:       adrian.lucas@xxxxxxx
>

> peter.white@xxxxxxx on 14/01/2000 01:00:54
> Please respond to ukha_d@xxxxxxx@SMTP
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx@SMTP
> cc:
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: User interface
> Classification: Restricted
> As I am not a programmer, I'm more dependant on off the shelf products
get my HA working seamlessly.  Currently I just have a bunch of X10 lamp
and
appliance modules, plus an IR and a Pronto to control the X10.

> Ideally, what I'd like is a package that is a reasonable cost, and
supports the following features:

> 1. Remote X10 control over the WWW
> 2. Security recording of visitors to the house - much like the IR cams
that link to a video, but instead of tape they write the pictures to a PC
hard drive.  If it was really cleaver, it would email the picture to
wherever I happen to be at the time.
> 3. Remote monitoring of house web cams over WWW
>
> Above all, it's got to be user friendly - perhaps just a picture of
the
house floorplan with buttons for each of the controllable appliances.

> Is this wishful thinking, or does something close to this exist?
Something that allows me to smuggle all the gadgets past my
less-than-impressed wife would also be extremely handy!

_________________________________
> Subject: [ukha_d] Re: User interface
> Author:  MIME:james@xxxxxxx at INTERNET
> Date:    13/01/00 8.55 PM
>

> On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:49:16 -0000, you wrote:
>
> >So what is everyone's views on the best way to control Home
Automation
>systems then?  I'm looking for something that is fairly housewide,
discreet
>and easy to use.

> For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them
from

> anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to
win a

> digital camera.

> -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1

> For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them
from
> anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to
win a
> digital camera.

> -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/947849244/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1