Re: LW10 Wiring Diagrams and switches

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:41:12 -0000, you wrote:

>Andy,
>Some LD10 / AD10  (PDF) schematics and momentary push switch on our
site
>which may be of interest:
>
>http://www.comfort.org.uk/products/index10.html

Thanks for the excellent diagrams, and even a link to my cautionary
tale of LW10U and compact fluorescent lamps (hmm, must run the text
through a spell checker sometime!)
http://www.amarok.demon.co.uk/dl/lw10u.html

Can I just add a point about the use of non-momemtary switches. If you
use an appliance module (AD10) to allow the use of ON / OFF switches
connected to the L1 terminal, X-10 commands can still be used to
override the "manual" switch. You can turn it on using the wall
switch, and turn it off using X-10.=20

There is a small oddity when X-10 and the wall switch disagree on the
lamp's status. Unlike a momentary switch, you must alter the wall
switch TWICE to get the load to change state.

e.g.:
1. Wall switch ON (load on)
2. X-10 OFF	(load off)
3. Wall switch OFF (nothing happens, but switches now agree)
4. Wall switch ON (load goes ON)

This means that to remove this small confusion, all "normal"
patress
switches should be changed to momentary switches. This somewhat
reduces the reason for using a LD10 to switch a lamp (i.e. its support
for non-momentary switches connected to L1).

As these are connected to live mains voltages, you should be careful
about just putting a cheap push switch on a blank wall plate- make
sure the switch is rated for the mains!

I hope this helps,

James
---
James Derrick    james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, Near Newcastle, =
England
Forwarding Service: jderrick@xxxxxxx
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were =
young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.

Looking for educational tools for your kids?=0D
Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/645/3/_/2065/_/947794801/

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=3Dukha_d&m=3D1