Re: Household appliances which work directly using X10 p rotocol

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Household appliances which work directly using X10 p rotocol
  • From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <AndyB@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:22:20 -0000

Occam's Razor at its finest here!

I normally have our regular kettle on a time switch just so the water's hot
and ready to be poured tea-pot.

I tried using the coffee percolator last night and it's brilliant!  I put
one teabag in the coffee jar itself and one in the filter.  This gave a
good
balance of making a strong enough cup but not turning out like an over
stewed casserole (we too have the problem of not being able to get up on
first attempts!).  The hot plate keeps it hot too.

Just ordered some X10 stuff, so this will be controlled by an appliance
module from now on.

Andy

(without the coffee)
> instead of a kettle, controlled by an on-off relay.
>
> Mark Harrison
> European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
> New Tel No: +44 7010710239
> Fax: +44 20 8423 7711
> SMTP: Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx
> http://connect.bpweb.bp.com/search/record.asp?IDN=137987
> http://bp-bovis-alliance.extranet.bp.com

If
> there is not a dedicated show is there a similar exhibition
> which encompasses this field?
>
> Regards Steve Gordon
> e-mail: steve.gordonsolutions@xxxxxxx

> Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at
> SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.

> -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1

> You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign
> up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
>
> eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
> http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/947240581/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1