Re: Home cinema

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Home cinema
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:54:08 -0000

We put a CRT projector in our AV room.  Keith Doxey works with a lot of
projectors and he recommended I go for CRT.  He was right!  They aren't for
everyone though.  They are big and heavy and require a fair amount of work
to install and converge.  However if you are involved in a new build or
have
an understanding wife I would highly recommend CRT.

The model we bought is a "Seleco 320 Plus" pretty much
entry-level as far as
CRT projectors go but I find it fantastic.  It projects an image 7 foot
wide.  Anamorphic DVD is stunning through it and Sky Digital isn't bad
either (depending on the channel).

I have some info and pics on my (unfinished) home wiring guide here..
http://www.ukha.demon.co.uk/ukhomewiringguide/ukhomewiringguide.html
(this is a big unwieldy page - here is the link direct to the picture...)
http://www.ukha.demon.co.uk/ukhomewiringguide/images/projector.jpg

If you need anymore info drop me a personal email...

Regards

M.

> Does Home Cinema qualify as HA? I hope it's not too far off topic...
> I like the idea of replacing my tv with a projector (hung from the
> ceiling) -- but there don't seem to be very many on the market. Is the
> technology ready for the big time, or would I bitterly regret the
> investment? Reviews seem a bit mixed, especially at the lower end of
> the market (e.g. http://www.t3.co.uk/products.asp?category=VIS&product_
> id=6936)
> Any thoughts? recommendations? particularly noteworthy suppliers?
> Thanks
> Patrick

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/947091281

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1