Re: Secret Light switches

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Secret Light switches
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 08:48:34 +0000

At 01:23 02/01/00 -0000, you wrote:
>   I thought some on the group may be interested in  the switches
below.

Definitely novel... but I can see at least two problems, sorry for being
the killjoy-engineer again...

1) Dirty walls- it's fairly easy to give a lightswitch a wipe, but unless
the wall is tiled, it will start to look grubby fast!

2) Servicability- what happens when something breaks?  To my mind, anything
electronicky in the house should be very accessible for
repairs/replacement, if possible without redecoration!

3) Visitors- it might be a bit disorienting for those not used to it ;-)

But definitely a good idea, especially in a bathroom or the like.  You
could have a row of antenna on the wall by the bath, have each switch play
a different tone of buzzer, and paint piano keys over them ;-) ;-)

Nigel

Looking for educational tools for you kids?

Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/645/3/_/2065/_/947062185

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1