Re: X10 and a few questions.

Hi

> I've seen the X10 thermostat on www.letsautomate.com and
> I was wondering what an "intelligent X10" controller was?

It's basically a computer, that you program using a real PC, and then you
can disconnect the PC and leave the controller running your house. I have a
HomeVision and it runs my whole house - lights, heating, hot water,
security, VCR, etc, etc

> Ideally I don't want to dedicate a PC to running X10 so the controller
> would have to be programable so if I want to:
>
> Run lights
> Thermostat control
> Curtain control [does anyone know if there is a venetian blind
> X10 device?]
> Use Infra red controls

All of these are no problem, but not sure of anything for venetian blinds.
How does the blind close, is it witha  TWIST of a handle ? I'll look into
it

> As well as IR, I'd like to have a controller in two or more locations
so
> things can be cotrolled without IR devices everywhere is this
possible?

What do you want to control ? Please enlarge

> Also, the lamps we have a common-garden bulb on a cable jobs, can
> they be dimmed with the socket dimmer switch?

No reason why not, assuming they are within the limits (wattage-wise) of
the
module

> And finally, does anyone know of a Halogen transformer for dimming
lights
> that works with X-10 or Infra red?

Presumably for dimming ? There's two styles of transformer - Switched Mode
(light and size of a pack of cigarettes), and Wire Wound (heavy and looks
like a drum). The former will NOT work, whereas the wire wound one does. I
have them installed all over my house and they work great.

Regards

Mike

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/947006098

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1