Re: USA mods

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: USA mods
  • From: Vince Goddard <mdsupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 15:16:24 +0000

Hi All,

I've just received 5 IBM home director starter kits and have a question on=
=20
the 220V mod.

Where can I get the 275V MOV? (Maplins don't seem to have them)

OR

Can I put 2 x 140V MOV's in series?
(As I've removed the relay completely, the 140V MOV across the SCR that=20
drives this relay is not needed)

Thanks

Vince Goddard

At 13:58 13/12/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>I've just received the following email.  I have put the picture that
goes
>with it into the ukha_d vault on the egroups website (link below)
rather
>than posting it to this list...
>
>http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/Pictures?null=3D1
>
>M.
>
>**********************
>
>Hi Mark
>
>I have recently purchased 3 off IBM home director starter kits from
>smarthome at $9.99 each! The kit consists of a 7 in 1 remote control
and a
>RF receiver.
>I have modified the RF receivers for UK voltage following the
guidelines
>John Perry's redoak pages. Unfortunately when I wired in the relay
using a
>100ohm resistor it would only respond to an on command ( being a cam
relay
>pressing on toggled the relay status) as a result I decided to
disconnect=
it
>completely.
>I have enclosed a photo showing the board mods. Please feel free to
use=
this
>and distribute freely. Replacement values were as per guidelines in the
>redoak pages (originally taken from Hans Attersj=F6's pages)
>
>http://www.redoak.co.uk/hpxrr501.html
>
>Best regards
>

>Charles Stringer
>Senior Production Engineer
>BOC Edwards Eastbourne
>Tel: 01323 525323
>Fax 01323 509824
>
>http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/Pictures?null=3D1

>A Proud Member of the One & Only Associate Network
>http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1709
>
>eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
>http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications

Tired of the same old games?=0D
Play the most popular gameshows online by the co-creator of Jeopardy=0D
At BoxerJam.com=97Join now and enter to win $1000 cash
http://click.egroups.com/1/485/3/_/2065/_/946653496