Balanced Audio

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Balanced Audio
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:30:51 -0000

I know we have been though this before but....

Some rearrangement of my home auto equipment will mean that I will have to
more all my equipment into my lab/office which is situated in a attic room.
Up to now my control computer, HomeVision & HiFi have been in a large
cupboard just off my lounge, This has given the advantage of short speaker
cable runs and a short phono cables from by computer (MP3 jukebox) to the
HiFi. Also most of my light control system is in the same cupboard.

The new location presents me with some problems the biggest of which is the
HiFi, to keep the HiFi in the attic room would mean long speaker cable runs
about 35ft perhaps a little more. If the HiFi goes in the lounge then I
would need long phono cables, or balanced audio.

What should I do ?

Is 35ft to far with speaker cable ?

if I increased the length to about 40ft I could keep the wire well away
from
mains would that be ok?

what wire should I use (I am not a nerd (my CD's have never been in the
freezer) but do want a good quality sound)

If I use balanced audio what will it cost ? any url's for equipment ?

how much loss in quality would I get ?

John.

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE!  Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
are willing to answer your questions for FREE.  Go to Xpertsite today and
put your mind to rest.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1404/3/_/2065/_/951392666/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1