Re: Multi Serial Port Cards

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Multi Serial Port Cards
  • From: Richard Malcolm-Smith <rich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:11:41 +1300

Patrick Lidstone wrote:

> I got an 8 port digiboard second hand from a computer reseller by
> putting an ad in uk.adverts.wanted.
> Most digiboards have an on-board controller, and drivers are available
> for all major operating systems including Linux (although I haven't
> checked for Win2k). Works great - can't recommend their products
highly
> enough. As others have commented, these boards are horrendously
> expensive new - but seem to be relatively common second hand
> (presumably because they're widely used in industry).

I bought a 4 port card from an ex point of sale computer. The ports are
only 16450, but im only running low speed HA stuff off it so theres no
real issue. Total cost was NZ$15 - about UK£5... :)

www.decision.com.tw

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/914/3/_/2065/_/951289934/

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1