Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player
  • From: james@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:00:09 -0800

I use a program called Real Jukebox(www.real.com).It is the simplist
and fastest cd>mp3 program I have seen. You put the cd in the cd drive,
click grab info and it gets all the track names and album names from
the internet then proceds to create the mp3s, all saved with the
filename "trackname-artist-album.mp3" also each mp3 is saved with
the
ID3 tags set.  The program also is a very good player, much better than
winamp. As well as working with playlists it automatically makes(based
on ID3) "folders" for each artist and music type.  The downside
of the
program is that the free version,Real Jukebox Basic, can only encode at
96kb, but the plus version can do any rate you want ($29)

grimshaw stuart <stuart.grimsha-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=2018
> I use "Bladenc". A nice little DOS util that lets you drag
and drop
> "wav" files onto it if you create a shortcut on your
desktop.

> I have a question for someone who knows a little more about MP3 than
I.
> I would try it, but it's only just struck me, and I don't have access
> the software here...If I encode an MP3 from a wav, it cuts out all the
> frequencies I can't here, if I were to convert them back to wav's
would
> the program fill this now empty space with "fluff"? Or would
I get 2
and
> 3 meg wav files? Which I could then write to a CD to play in my car?
>
> Stuart Grimshaw,

no
real
> >reason other than this is the max the lp3 will apparently play.  I
certainly
> >wouldn't call my self a hi-fi bore and my kit would probably make
some
> >people cringe.
> >
> >Andy

been
using
> >> Xing,
isn't the
best.

> >> Andy, Fear not,
> >>
> >> I have been using the Xing encoder for about a year now, and
have
encoded
> >> about 240 CD's with it, and I am perfectly happy with the
result.

> >> I'm not a Hi-Fi bore, but I do have half-decent Kit, (Sony
Amp,
Mission
> >> speakers, Qudos speaker cable, IXOS interconnects), and to my
ears
the
> >> resultant MP3 is perfectly acceptable, and I haven't even
used a
> >> particularly high bitrate. (I used 128K, although I've seen a
few
> >> recommendations to use 160K).
> >>
> >> Your ears may be more sensitive than mine, - although I can
tell
the
> >> difference between "good" and "crap",
there comes a point where I
can no
> >> longer discern any difference between "good" and
"gooder" ?! and
although
> >> the differences are just about audible, the file size
trade-off
comes into

> >> the equation as well, (as does the rip speed - I spent a
solid
month
> >> ripping
> >> my CD's when I first started...)
> >>
> >> It comes down to how you intend to listen to them I suppose -
just use

------
> >> Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low
as
> >> 0.0% Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no
> >> hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit
> >> you deserve!  Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
> >> http://click.egroups.com/1/966/3/_/2065/_/951173898/
> >>
> >> -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
> >> -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/915/3/_/2065/_/951246033/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1